02 January 2005

happy new year!


orange scarf Originally uploaded by dressform.

2005... wow. is it just me or does it still seem like yesterday that it was going to be 2000 - the new millenium - Y2K....

the above is my orange mohairey scarf that I finally finished over the holidays. crocheted with a pineappley stictch - and I added the tassles.... tassles are nice....

I'm not sure what to really say about the whole tsunami thing (especially since there is non-stop coverage everywhere). I have to not watch the images on TV for too long or I get too overwhelmed and sad. there is just nothing like the potential wrath of nature. If you are still looking for a way/place to donate - there's a great comprehensive list here (brought to my attention by altercation )

and Susan Sontag.... one smart lady... all these icons of thinking and culture disappearing from our view. thankfully they leave legacies behind.... one of my favorite quotes: But the charge of boredom is really hypocritical. There is, in a sense, no such thing as boredom. Boredom is only another name for a certain species of frustration.. The NY times had a nice piece on her today.

I think I will shy away from the requisite resolution list - but I have been thinking of things to accomplish... perhaps my next entry....

have a lovely 2005 (here goes nothing)!

No comments: