southeast :: hallway


southeast :: hallway Originally uploaded by dressform.

i see this little still life everytime i exit our upstairs bathroom. it's this tiny narrow hallway that is really pretty dark and used to be dreary.... until i set this up. i think that's partially why i added the mirrors. hoping to infuse light [that and the monochromatic color scheme... which i wish i could pull off more often!] more amazing nooks here

i have started to think in increments of hours [days seem too long]. what do i need to get done between 8:30-9:30 am [shower, coffee, get dressed, quick email check].... this seems to be working. smaller elements = easier to handle. do you have a trick to break up your day??

oh - i promised inspiration. remember a spell ago i talked about ruth asawa at the de young ? well she had a show at the rena bransten gallery . god i love her stuff.... it is so etherial.... substantial and yet simultaneously delicate. practically perfectly crafted. [can you say that 10 times?] you can tell they are handmade, but they seem like only nature could make them....

see:
ruth asawa

see more on flickr

off to LA after class tonight.... super quick visit.... looking forward to seeing my family..... i can't believe i start installing my wall piece NEXT THURS!! i also have more inspiration to show soon!!

Comments

Anonymous said…
Such a pretty little nook, love white and mirrors together (you have so many nice mirrors). Time management...my worst enemy. One thing that helps me is a timer. Setting it seems to make me do the mundane faster.
I adore your wee space..so beautiful..

People keep telling me to write lists, but doing that just makes my brain whirr more...maybe I should try breaking things down too?..either way, there always seems too little time...:)

Have a great time in LA Lisa..I hope you can get to relax a while there..x
Jan Halvarson said…
such a great little nook - love the mirror (i think i said that already at your flickr). and thanks for the intro to ruth asawa - amazing!
Anonymous said…
yeah for the the wall piece and a trip to la!
I try and breakdown the projects in small increments, cut the fabric, sew eyes and belly, machine together, sew bottom, next....small works for me too!
Anonymous said…
I really like your corner. It's quiet, but has character.
Anonymous said…
Isn't there a saying about journeys starting with just one step? Breaking down walls by starting to remove the first little stone? Yes, taking small steps is best - you've got to start somewhere...

I love all the corners of your home...so cozy, so much to see, so much taste and character. I wish our home was so sophisticated (in the best sense)!

So grateful that you introduce us to all these amazing artists - it seems all shows in Berlin museums are huge have an event character...not my cup of tea.

Have fun in LA (and try to relax a bit)! Hugs!
andrea said…
wow, as I'm writing this, I'm realizing it's the thursday you are installing your next wall piece (hope it going well) and oh how I love this quiet little nook of yours...

Popular Posts