art art and 4 things
sketch - install shot Originally uploaded by dressform.
so.... sketch show was fun.... esp. since quite a few of us went to Mills together in overlapping time frames. we joked that it takes us being in a show in davis together to see one another.
it's always strange to walk into a show with NO idea of how your work has been hung or who you are next to.... but in this case i was super happy
they hung 3 weeks worth - and it was really strange but nice to see them on a wall.... i hadn't really thought about how they'd look that way - or in a group....
so... getting around to the 4 things that christine tagged me with.... update: camilla tagged me as well :)
four jobs i've had ::
1. not sure what to call it - but in high school i worked at a higher end furniture store where i helped out the designers and put fabric swatches/wall covering books away... i used to love looking at those
2. vintage clothing store
3. assistant director of a 2 SF galleries
four movies i could watch over and over ::
1. amelie [no surprise here]
2. room with a view [ mav too]
3. dead man [actually several movies by jim jarmush]
4. anything with audrey hepburn
since i was tagged twice - here are a few more.... both moives by soffia coppola, edward scissorhands....
four places i've lived ::
1. tuscon, az [but don't really remember this]
2. los angeles, ca
3. santa barbara, ca
4. oakland, ca [yeah - haven't really left sunny CA]
four TV shows i love ::
1. six feet under
2. the daily show
3. animal cops : new york
4. antiques roadshow
here are a few more.... south park, beverly hills 90210 [guilty pleasure], the sopranos
four places i've vacationed ::
1. new zealand
2. amsterdam and parts of germany
4. new york
four of my favorite dishes ::
2. natto [ fermented soy beans . most people, including my dad and hubby think it's gross but it's comfort food for me]
3. a really really good hamburger [with fries of course]
4. panna cota [this is a desert, but i LOVE it]
4.5 actually i'm really lucky b/c hubby cooks all the time - so practically anything he makes....
four sites i visit daily ::
these are all DUHS - see the list on the left if you want to get specific!
3. blingo [have you joined yet??]
four places i'd rather be right now ::
1. in a pool someplace warm
2. far far away
3. at the beach
4. someplace that magically has more time and teleporters.
and i'm not tagging four folks :: if you haven't done this and want to - consider yourself tagged!
wall work update.... so... i yesterday i completed what i had "done" in my studio - and it's not quite right in this space. this is both good and nervewracking. after spending all day there it was sort of sad to leave the piece knowing that i still had work to not only do, but to figure out. this is good b/c a challenge is always good... and that's what this type of work is about - reacting TO a space - IN a space.... ah the life of site specific installation art.... but i think i can still pull it off... i hope i can... i hope i can.... [little engine that could]i think it needs to jump around from this wall to another.... i think i need to crochet another bigger red doily.....
oh boy do i have a stack of grading to attend to.... have a good weekend folks!