portent

was the word of the day nov. 18, 2003 and i think is the perfect embodiment for my state of mind at the moment.

moe

i can not properly express my sincerest thanks for the incredible outpouring of love and concern for moe {and me}. i am overwhelmed by those of you that took the time to say something, to comment, to email me, to check in. i am so touched. thank you.

i feel as though i owe you all an update... moe is home now after spending a night in the hospital. she has lymphoma. as the cancer has metastasized all over her internal organs the prognosis is not too good. we have decided to give her one round of chemo which supposedly works wonders with this type of cancer. it's a gamble, but i'm glad we took it. i am extremely happy to have her home. she is weak... but she is eating. and she still wants to sit with me... and is purring and rubbing into the dogs as she always has. i feel lucky to have whatever remaining time that i have with her. our biggest goal is to not let her suffer.... i am hoping that we will be wise enough to notice when it is time. it is so hard with pets since they can't talk and you are ultimately responsible for their quality of life. in the end i would never give up having pets even though losing them is so heartbreaking.

i am so grateful for the understanding and for the shared stories... as i wander around cyberland it's so easy to see how many of us love and treasure our pets.

and so my dear friends... i am going to stay away from the computer for a few more days. between getting ready for my next installtion [starts on wed - i have many things to frame... AND i have to check on the lighting of the doily install on tues] and there is of course the moe factor... time time time is neither friend nor foe... i do know that i am hyper aware of her in the here and now.

on another note :: i am going to send an email out announcing my shows... if i have your email you should be getting it [or you already got it if you signed up for my mailing list via my website]. if you'd like me to send it to you - please email me ....

be well... i'll be back soon!

Comments

Anonymous said…
I was lucky enough to have both my beloved lilac siamese Dixie, and later my big old ginger tom cat Nutmeg, pass away in their sleep... curled up and looking quietly peaceful. It was hard to say goodbye to each of their stiff, cold and lifeless bodies... and I still miss them today. Nutmeg lived with my parents and I was fortunate enough to sense the night when it finally happened. I raced across town to say farewell and for a final cuddle before he died several hours after I left, in the early hours of the morning. Our big bear of a dog, Georgie girl, had to be put to sleep at the vets and it was a struggle to decide when was the right time for her, not us. I still miss each and everyone of my pets...
Sending you lots of love and time together... and the photo of your little friend Moe is beautiful.
take care, g
sarah said…
go gently and take care, thinking of you xxx
Anonymous said…
sending you love...and a bit of time.
Anonymous said…
Oh, Lisa. When our sweet dog Mow passed this spring, we just 'knew' when the right time was. You will too. Until then I wish you much care and many gentle moments together.
Anonymous said…
Our thoughts will be with you, your hubby, Moe, and your other "kids" over these next few busy and fateful days. You are courageous to love others as much as you do, dear girl! Those who bask in your love are most fortunate, indeed!
bugheart said…
take
care of
yourself
and moe...
good luck
with
the installations.
xoxox
shari said…
oh little moe...sending you hugs. big hugs to you too lisa. xx, shari
Anonymous said…
{{lisa & moe}}
and
{{garbo, tonka & chini}}
because they're probably worried about moe too

I'm so glad to hear sweet moe is home and purring next to you. Hope the chemo goes well (it worked wonders with my sweet kitty).

xox, abee
trudesign said…
Take Care, I'm glad moe is back home with you. Moe is a hemmingway cat? Thinking of you!
Funky Finds said…
wow...what an emotionally draining situation. i'm glad your baby is back home now. and you're right...saying goodbye to our beloved pets is so overwhelmingly hard, but to never have their love would be even worse. i hope your kitty makes a full recovery. hang in there!
Anonymous said…
Lisa, I'm so sorry to hear about Moe. We lost our two kitties in the last two years, it was very hard. Give Moe lots of well-deserved love and attention. I know you will. xo
Anonymous said…
I'm so sorry Lisa.I lost my cat a few years ago and it truly broke my heart.I hope that you and Moe can feel as well as can be hoped.
Anonymous said…
Dear Lisa,

Moe will let you know when she's ready. Spend the time, love her lots, kiss her paws. We're all thinking of you.

xoxokaren
Di said…
I hope that she continues to be confortable and happy- enjoy your time together.
Anonymous said…
it seems that my best words have already been expressed, so i will simply wish you more sweet moments together.
Anonymous said…
Well I'm so glad to hear that there is a good chance the last round of chemo will work- kick ass Moe!! And your installations...*sigh*i'm so wishing I could just fly out and see them. I'm sure they will be stunning, as always.
Anonymous said…
oh my goodness...... i am sending you love.
my raven is sick as well these days...... gosh, we love our animals don't we?! XXX mav
Anonymous said…
Take as much time as possible with your little Moe. It's always heartbreaking when we have to say goodbye. I'm sharing my sadness with you on this one as my sweet cat Matias disappeared last week and after days of searching and even some 2 am rounds in the neighbourhood didn't brought him back...I had to let him go.
I'm surprised how many of us are having sad moments to share because of our little pets.
A big hug to you and Moe.
xxx

ps: at the moment I'm not able to post a comment with my own identity...Oh my! Have I lost it? but it's paula from simple me.

Popular Posts