spt 20 - and he swam and he swam


spt 20 - and he swam and he swam Originally uploaded by dressform.

this came to me this morning as i woke up.... the little yellow fishey sits on my nightstand.... personal history part II

this is my grandma... the fish is standing in for me [and in case you didn't notice i'm swimming around her heart]. she used to bathe me in the kitchen sink with the fishy. and there was a song that went with the bath and the fish. about a mamma fishy and her babies... my favorite part was where "he swam and he swam all over the dam." then there was this really fun scat part where you'd sing oopp ooop bittam battam wattam chew - at least that's how i remember it..... maybe those were supposed to be real words, maybe not.... maybe i have it all wrong.... but i love my memory true or not.

more spt's here

Comments

Anonymous said…
I know that song, i sing it to Mia!
Anonymous said…
:)
That is so sweet, almost beyond words. I can picture this so well...what a lovely idea to swim around her heart...the whole memory with the picture is very moving...
Caroline said…
I love the way you have used the fish to show yourself. Beautiful. ANd beautiful woman too!
Anonymous said…
She is so BEAUTIFUL! and so are your memory :)
Anonymous said…
How wonderful for you and for your Grandma that you have such warm and loving memories! I, too, love the use and the position of the fishy in the photo. No wonder your grandpa married your grandma: she was enchanting!!
Anonymous said…
Oh, Lisa! My own grandmother used to sing that song to me--she'd snuggle in bed with me and rub my face and sing all these wonderful songs that I wish I remember more of now. Thanks for bringing that memory to my mind today. And what a beautiful picture of her, too!
Anonymous said…
loverly!
sarah said…
what a lovely memory, thanks for sharing, i sing that song to my daughter too...
andrea said…
oh, I love this, I do. and I love that song. I sing it to ava and ezra... it's one of my favorite songs to sing to them...:)

Popular Posts