self portrait tuesday - #9


me - hands Originally uploaded by dressform.

nine nine nine - nine already? nine and time are pals.... only because they rhyme...

so... my hands. because often i don't know what to do with them... because i have too many choices of what to do with them.... because i talk with them.... because they are expressive in so many ways.... because they fit together nicely [remember here's a church, here's a steeple, look inside and see all the people?].... because because because.... want more spt? oh yes you do... [and october's theme is out.... go

started teaching yesterday. hope i didn't forget to say something. i talk fast. and often students don't ask questions the first day.... it's important to set the tone... what is my tone?? i shouldn't be typing this i should be finalizing my lecture for tomorrow! next on the agenda....

i'm a bit giddy. my phone has been ringing off the hook today. i don't normally verbalize so much [2 days in a row with the teaching. i forget how tiring the simple act of TALKING can be]. one phone call was incredibly exciting.... i can hardly spill the beans because it's too exciting and what if it doesn't happen????? it HAS to happen! it involves, me... my art work.... a museum [!] and all of us going in a plane to a place far far away.... keep your fingers crossed for me OK?

Comments

maria said…
oh my gosh! how exciting... what is this news? i hope hope hope for you ... fingers crossed, check!
:) mav
Anke said…
Mine are crossed and I'll make my husband cross his too! Very exiting! I can't wait! I hope it all works out for you - and if the museum is anywhere near Berlin I'll be the first in line! ;)
loriz said…
fingers are crossed for you. good luck.

I just started teaching today too. Setting the tone is hard. I wish more students would ask questions.
wendy said…
waiting and wondering with my fingers crossed your good new. I think good thoughts for your class!
natalie said…
wow good luck! my fingers are X-ed
pat said…
ALL of my fingers AND my toes are crossed, too!! I can't wait to hear more about the where, when, how, etc about this museum thing.....
Anonymous said…
Sending good thoughts your way for much success! I am so very happy and excited for you!!

--Lisa (eye on the sparrow)
abbytrysagain said…
Yay Lisa! I am excited for you-you have good karma coming your way-I will be crossing my fingers for you-just not while I type;)!
andrea said…
love this spt, love hands. love the way knuckles fit together like pieces of a puzzle.

and speaking of hands (more specifically fingers), mine are crossed for you and the potential great news!
charlene said…
hmmmm, sounds rather intriguing...
ladylinoleum said…
Fingers are crossed girlie!
Aurora said…
Darling Princessa,
My fingers, toes & eyeballs are crossed for you! Which means of course getting anything done in my studio will be quite a challenge - but then again would it be worthwhile were it not a challenge? Who loves you?
*a
Anonymous said…
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said…
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said…
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

Popular Posts