let's talk cute and scary

first... thank you SO MUCH for all the underdog love. you guys are amazing. really. thank you! and now.... eye candy.....



have you seen the new aranzi arono books being offered in english? they are really really sweet. and while it's easy enough to figure out the japanese craft books because of the pictures - having the instructions in english just makes it THAT much simpler.



i really want to make the monkey.... [sorry i tried to take a photo of my book, but the reflection in it was horrid - check out the aranzi site - it's the little monkey at the top of the page] i have the perfect excuse to [someone just had a baby]. so if i can get it together i'll show you... i wish i had more softie making time.... sigh.

they also have the bad book . which doesn't have instructions on how to make softies, but just look at how cute the bad guy is !! [um why do i think a softie trying to stuff a change purse up his shirt is SO funny. there might be something wrong with me]



you can buy the books directly from the aranzi website or from amazon . happy stitching!

Comments

Anonymous said…
oh! i love love love aranzi. thanks fot sharing. and lisa, there is nothing wrong with you. you loving this kind of thing is why we all love you. :)
pixiegenne said…
i saw that scary guy somewhere and tried to make him - did not succeed. i love him!
bugheart said…
umm...
because
softies
doing
petty crime
IS
hysterical!
xo
shari said…
ha! the petty thief is cute and funny! have a nice evening friend. xo
Anonymous said…
I love aranzi aronzo, and that bottom photo is hilarious! (their toy photography is wonderful)
Can't wait to see more of your softies :)
amisha said…
i love the petty thief softie too :) they are all so cute! xo
Anonymous said…
oh how I wish I had softie skills! I love the little thief too :)
wendy said…
I always wanted to be a thief, I love that the purse he is trying to steal is almost larger than he is!!
Anonymous said…
That's one handy dress... what every thieving softie needs!
see you, g xo
Anonymous said…
I often find that there is a fine line between cute and scary.

Granted, I'm twisted and bitter but I find that to all be a part of my charm.

*wink*

xx,
b.
lisa solomon said…
risa... :) thank you....

OK - if i can manage to recreate mr. scary i will post... and make multiples to distribute!!!

and briana - i couldn't agree more!!
Heidi Ryder said…
i love that book! i wrote a sort-of review on my blog here: http://craftynotes.blogspot.com/2007/03/felt-monkeys-oh-my.html
Anonymous said…
really cute!! i love the bad guy!! ^_^

Popular Posts